Outdoor Funace Finished

The outdoor furnace is completed and I have been running it for a few days. I have noticed there are a few places that needs some reworking for more efficiency but it heating the entire house. Here is sketchup models of the furnace. I have shortened the center feeder tube because I wanted to get more wood in it. I didn’t want to delete it because this furnace is my RND furnace so I can research burning different things in it so this might be needed later. I already tried coal and might do this again later but I need more money to get coal to burn better.

furnace-1

furnace2

The one thing I am going to look at is that it eats wood like crazy. I can fill it up with probably 10 good size logs and get 2 or 3 hours of burn time. I think when I turn on the blower to circulate the air into the house some of the air is getting into the burn chamber and making it burn hotter but at the cost of burning the wood faster. So I need to check the burn chamber for air leaks. I thought I got all the seams but maybe I missed one.

Posted in Uncategorized.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *